Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I don’t know how many of you are avid readers of The Little Mama, but if you recall last Nov the Kirby man came knocking on our door. Kim had a wonderful little rant about it. If you haven’t read it, I suggest you do so now by clicking here.

Fun story right? What she left out was that it was how she was a little mad at me for agreeing to let them into our house in the first place. I don’t want to be mean or anything like that….I probably would have been a little upset if the roles were reversed and we had things to do.

We live in a new home that we just bought. It’s in a new subdivision. We get a lot of sales people coming up to our door. Most of time it’s really annoying. Well, all the time it’s really annoying.

“Hey, we have this really great alarm system that will tell you if someone it breaking in to your home.”

“Sorry, do you see and hear my dog barking at you as he’s trying to get at you. I think we’re covered there. Thanks.”

“I’d like you give you info on our water softener.”

“No thank you we already have one.”

Last night another salesmen came to the door, Kim answered and he offer to clean 2 rooms of our house (and scotch guard them) for free to try and drum up future business. She was pretty excited about it when she was telling me that they’d be back in 5 min.

I said “I hope it’s not the Kirby guy.”

Now what followed this statement was a reaction that I wish I could have captured on film. Remember she teased me for a least a week about it when I let them in our old house. Her eye got wide. Her mouth dropped. The blood drained from her face as she went pale. “I didn’t even think about that.”

5 min. later they came into the house as I hid with Emma in another room. I couldn’t hear the whole conversation, but when Little Mama found out that dude was in fact trying to sell her a Kirby she was indeed less than cordial. I on the other hand was politely trying to stifle my laughs from the bedroom. It really was funny and since we didn’t have any pressing engagements…

Well after I could tell Kirby dude was safely in the confines of the playroom Emma and I stepped out to see what all the hub bub was. We of course had to laughed and point at Little Mama. It was a great day.

I love my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment